Health & Safety is fundamental to everything we do
We recognise our responsibilities to our employees, suppliers and neighbours and any individual or business affected by M&M’s activities. We have plan in place to strive to make continuous improvements.
We provide a healthy and safe working environment at all of our demolition sites, free of all work-related accidents, dangerous occurrences and ill health.
Our aim of the company is to achieve a working environment which is free of work related accidents and ill-health. Having developed comprehensive manuals to cover all aspects of the company’s operations, we continue to pursue improvements from year to year.
With the ongoing assistance of our qualified consultants, this translates to a culture of Health & Safety on site. There is constant attention to detail for producing and undertaking all works in accordance with our Safe Systems of Works and raising awareness for good working practices.
There is constant attention to detail for producing and undertaking all works in accordance with our Safe Systems of Works and raising awareness for good working practices, for example:
- Identifying hazards, assessing risks and implementing preventative and protective measures
- Appointing personnel with the appropriate skills, abilities and competencies and provide the right training in order to carry out the task at hand
- Providing and maintaining plant
- Establishing and enforcing safe working methods
- Ensuring that technical competence is maintained through mandatory training programmes
- Accrediting all staff with the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS)
- Promoting awareness through effective communication
- Aim to safeguard, protect and enhance the environment.
- Minimise any adverse effects of our operations by implementing procedures to prevent pollution to land, air and water, and reduce waste and consumption of natural resources wherever possible. We set operational targets and provide staff training.